The Greece Golden Visa is simply the best, fastest and most straightforward in Europe! At €250,000 + taxes and fees (just over €300,000 in total) this program offers the lowest cost of residency in Europe. The Greek residency programme (Greece Golden Visa) is relatively fast, taking around 40 days until a residency card is issued. There are also favourable family rules for dependents. You will gain many advantages by investing in a real estate in Greece.
International investors are increasingly drawn to the country, according to Enterprise Greece. Foreign investment has seen a substantial growth recently, rising from 249 million euros in 2010 to 2.8 billion euros in 2016. What’s more, Tranio Booking Agency reports that Greece boasts opportunities galore for international real estate investors.
Why Greece (Greece Golden Visa)?
- Greece is one of the last real estate markets in Europe that is still seeing a capital drought and has not recovered since 2008. Prices of real estate in Athens are 42% below pre-crisis levels.
- Property in Greece today is several times cheaper than in most of its neighbouring countries. According to Statista, it is one and a half times cheaper than in Spain and Germany, twice as cheap than in the Netherlands and Sweden and almost three times cheaper than in Italy and Austria.
- A strong fall in the value of Greek assets (along with an ease in social tension) is making them more attractive to foreign investors. According to a press release from the Greek Ministry of Economy, foreign direct investment is expected to reach €4 billion in 2017, which is 42% more than in 2016.
- Greece Golden Visa program, launched in 2013, is attracting private investors to the country’s residential and commercial real estate market. As of September 2017, 2014 primary applicants have received a Greek residency permit.
- In October 2017 the media published news about a Chinese investor who acquired more than 100 apartments in central Athens, in the neighbourhood of Exarcheia, in one transaction.